Navigating the Jungle of CY 2020 Code Updates: CPT
Presenter(s):Lori Purcell, RHIA, CCS
Continuing Education Units:AHIMA (1) AAPC (1) CME (0.5) CNE (1.1) NAHAM (0.5)
Description:Vaping and vaping-related lung injuries are all over the news. The occurrence of serious and even fatal lung injuries associated with vaping have been reported, and the numbers keep going up. It’s an important health concern with a critical need to gather and report accurate data as patients seek health care related to vaping.
Date & Time:01/02/2020,10:00 AM EST
It’s a jungle out there this year, with various important changes to the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code set for CY 2020. Join our live webinar to learn the new and revised procedure codes as well as the guidelines and instructional notes that are so critical to accurate and complete coding. What’s more—we’ll review some exciting new technology procedures!
- Guidelines for complex and intermediate skin repair, including a definition for undermining
- Evaluation and management codes for digital online services and self-measured blood pressure
- Guidelines for use of modifier 50 with add-on codes
- Revised guidelines for breast procedures
- Pericardiocentesis code revisions
- Category III codes for substernal implantable cardioverter-defibrillator
- Revisions to nerve block codes with additions for sacroiliac and genicular nerves
- Extensive revision to nuclear medicine PET scans